UST operator training in Texas is required by federal law and is intended to ensure that those who own and operate underground storage tanks understand how to operate and maintain UST systems properly.
As required by the EPA, all UST operators must be trained by October 13, 2018. After this date:
- New Class A and B operators must be trained within 30 days of assuming duties.
- New Class C operators must be trained before assuming duties.
Texas Class A owner/operators have primary responsibility for on-site operation and maintenance of a UST facility. This individual is generally the owner of the station or the designee. For large corporations, this person is the manager or designee responsible for tank operations.
Texas Class B owner/operators have responsibility for the day-to-day aspects of operating, maintaining, and record keeping of a UST facility. This individual (or individuals) is generally the owner or the person/company contracted by the owner to maintain the tanks. For large corporations, this person is the employee, or person/company contracted by the corporation to maintain the tanks.
- Texas UST Operator Training is required by federal law and is to ensure that owners and operators of underground storage tanks understand how to operate and maintain UST systems properly.
- As mandated by the EPA, all UST operators must be trained by October 13, 2018.
- Approved Texas TCEQ Class A and Class B Training Provider
- Class A/B - 4hr: $90
- Class C - 1hr only $10! (Class C available in Spanish also)
- 10% OFF SALE: Enter Code "TRAIN10OFF" at Checkout
Texas Class A and Class B operators must complete a Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) approved operator training course or process. We are an approved TCEQ Class A and Class B Training Provider – 360Training.com Reseller.
Chapter 334, Subchapter N – Operator Training – Rule §334.605
- Class A and Class B Operators must be re-trained within three years of their last training date.
- Class C operators must be re-trained within three years of their last training date.
If an underground storage tank (UST) facility receives a notice of violation and the agency determines that the UST facility is in significant noncompliance, the designated Class B operators for that UST facility, must attend either a Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) approved compliance class that addresses the noted non-compliant areas or an acceptable operator training course as specified in §334.603 of this title, within the time frame specified by the TCEQ for that violation. As a result of the retraining of Class A operators or Class B operators, subsequent re-training of the Class C operators shall also occur. Voluntary refresher training is encouraged to ensure operator is up-to-date with current regulations and procedures.
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 334, Subchapter N – Operator Training – Rule §334.605 – Operator Training Frequency
- Training for Underground Storage Tank Operators: A guide for owners and operators of USTs (RG-475o)
- Texas UST Compliance Notebook